Alloy wheel powder coating is a dry finishing process that uses finely ground particles of pigment and resin that are electrostatically charged and sprayed onto electrically grounded Alloy wheels. The charged powder particles adhere to the wheel and are held there until melted and fused into a uniform coating in our curing oven.
Using the very latest market leading equipment we offer a full comprehensive refurbishment service to tender to your needs and requirements. Providing you with an outstanding, tough, durable and long lasting finish.
Our Powder Coating process:
- Tyres and valves and centre caps removed from wheels
- The Wheels are then chemically stripped to remove any old paint/coating
- Once removed from the chemicals they are steam cleaned to remove any residue and dried before moving into our blasting room
- The wheels are then blasted to remove any leftover paint or corrosion and to leave a perfect surface for the powder to adhere to. Once blasted the wheels are moved to our preparation bays where any damage is removed ready for the powder coating process
- The wheels are now baked in our oven at 200°c for 30 minutes, this is called "de-gas" and is a process to remove any impurities that may be left on the alloy and is particularly essential when corrosion was present as the corrosion eats into the alloy and can be invisible to the naked eye thus casing coating problems
- The wheels are then removed from the oven and coated in the colour of your choice, baked for a further 10 minutes and then coated in the clear coat of your choice and baked for a further 30 minutes. Once this process is complete, the wheels are cooled
- Then the tyres are refitted, wheels balanced and fitted back onto the car